October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Play your part in keeping yours and everybody’s devices, data and accounts safe from criminals. Learn about the risks and preventative measures you can take to keep safe online. Visit these links and join the nation in building a safer online network.
The National Cyber Security Awareness campaign was launched 16 years ago as an initiative tackling many emerging threats on systems.
- Own IT
- Stay safe on social media
- Keep your privacy settings updated
- Be aware of best practices for app and device functions
- Secure IT
- Always have strong and unique passwords and phrases
- Login Protection: use multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Stranger Danger policy; spotting and avoiding phishing scams
- Protect IT
- Connect = Protect
- Update security software, apps, operating systems and firmware
- Stay Protected When Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- Collect It, Protect It: keep data secure and information safe